Updating for gNewSense 3
This document is being updated to match changes introduced in gNewSense 3. You will probably find outdated information in it. Please excuse the mess.
gNewSense is both simple and powerful. This manual describes the main features of the system and its default programs, and shows how to use them. It starts with basic concepts for people new to the system and people new to computers. Then, it introduces intermediate to advance topics.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Computers
- Introducing the Desktop
- Finding Manuals for Each Application
- Creating and Managing Files
- Compressing and Decompressing Files
- The File System
- Sharing Folders in a Network
- Multimedia: Audio, Video, Photos, ...
- Office Suit
- Using Commands
- Customizing the System
- Administrative Tasks
- Adding and Removing Applications
- Updating the System and Applications
- Configuring Hardware Devices