This page is out of date. Please use the main navigation to find the latest documentation.
Through the development of processes and content, this project aims to spread gNewSense and to provide a central repository of ideas and information that can be used to deliver gNewSense to new audiences.
How can I help to spread gNewSense?
Here are some of the aspects on which you can work to help us spreading gNewSense:
- Use it as your primary GNU/Linux distribution
- Add gNewSense buttons to your website/blog/forum/community, see below
- Help us communicate with the press at a global level
- Help spread news on all major development updates, releases, new projects and events related to gNewSense. Consider picking one or two stories and alerting the press about it.
Collect user testimonials and publish them on this wiki. This marketing interview guide might help you with questions for interviewing people who have Fedora success stories. Image:Fedora Mktg Reference Guide.odt
- Solicit GNU/Linux User Groups members to use and contribute to gNewSense
- Dispel common myths and educate the public about gNewSense
- Mention gNewSense in thoughtful, well-written comments on popular websites relating to software.
Resources you can use to spread gNewSense
- Add a button to your blog, website, signature using this HTML code:
<a href="http://www.gnewsense.org"> <img src="http://www.gnewsense.org/images/download/download_btn.png" alt="Download gNewSense"/> </a>
There's a way to use the SVG image as a button, but that's a bit more complicated.
For potential contributors
Freedom to Use
Free software is software that respects your freedom. gNewSense is the operating system that respects your freedom. It is guaranteed to be the most free operating system in the world. gNewSense gives you the peace of mind that your rights as a computer user will not be compromised. You can recommend it to your friends and family with a clear conscience. It is the modern computing environment of choice for anyone who wants to walk the ethically sound path into the coming digital age.
Freedom to Modify
gNewSense is built using proven technology from the free software community. Our small but motivated group of contributors are working hard to make it the best operating system there is. With your help we can make it even better. Any skills or efforts are welcome. Just volunteer at our website. What we need the most at this time are:
- Freedom verifiers
- Documentation writers
- MIPS developers
We welcome and value your contributions!
(c) Sam Geeraerts, 2009. Licensed under GFDL.
For potential users
Come up with a name.
Set up a gNewSense group on. Libre Planet (kind of depends on the name)
Keep a list of gNewSense in the media.
Make a list of media to contact.