My name is Sam Geeraerts. I'm from Belgium (Dutch-speaking part). I'm a programmer by profession.
I want to help gNewSense because I think libre software is important and I think that there are too few distros that have freedom as a principle value. I try to help out wherever I can, with an emphasis on getting more people to contribute and getting people to contribute more.
Email: samgee at elmundolibre point be
IRC: samgee (usually in #gnewsense and #gnewsense-dev during European evening)
- Make it clear that people can also write original non-English documentation (as opposed to just translating).
- Import bugs.gnewsense.org into Savannah.
Eliminate remaining absolute links to www/wiki and other wiki conversion artifacts.
- Make a list of tools we (want to) use for our infrastructure. Better yet, document the lot.
- Revert wiki pages to sirgazil's prettyness.
- Add something about a forum to the FAQ.
- Redirect wiki to www.
- Go through all bugs (closed ones too, to get a better grasp of gNS' history).
Check nyu's bugs.
- Make a list of low hanging fruit for new volunteers.
- Make a list of tasks per programming language. A high ratio of potential volunteers offer C skills, but I can never suggest a task to them.
Get in touch with Canaima, another libre (?) Debian stable based distro. See if we can collaborate (at least on a GNU/Linux-libre level).
Find out how we can make a uImage so that we can install gNS on the Nanonote.
- Potential additions to community guidelines:
- Open source people / *BSD people are not the enemy
- Information can get lost in translation to another language or to text. Assume good intentions and chill.
- Follow debian-mips and debian-yeeloong.
- Remove useless references to Deltad from wiki.